Recent Student Dissertations
Below is a sample of some recent dissertations completed by UNC School Psychology students
- Hodson, M. C. (2012). The Road Less Travelled: Tracing the Path of First-Generation Students from Rural Areas to College. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- DeWar, A. L. (2011). The Relationship between Parent Involvement and Preschool Children’s Social Competence and Learning Behaviors. Chair: Michelle Athanasiou, Kathrine Koehler-Hak.
- Ries, J. D. (2011). Diagnostic Capability of School Psychologists in the Identification of Autism. Chair: Kathrine Koehler-Hak, Robyn Hess.
- Steensen, B. J. (2011). Examining the Relationships among Efficacy, Burnout, and the Teaching Pyramid Model. Chair: Michelle Athanasiou.
- Allen, T. R. (2010). Examining Disability Documentation and its Relation to Transition to Postsecondary Education for Students with Learning Disabilities: Implications for Best Secondary School and University Practices. Chair: Achilles Bardos.
- Shannon, C. R. (2010). Life on the Outs: Photovoice with Youth Returning to the Community from Incarceration. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- Walker, J. M. (2010). A Validation Study of the Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, and Successive (PASS) Theory and its Relationship to Reading Achievement in Adults. Chair: Achilles Bardos.
- Wochos, G. C. (2010). Evaluating the Effectiveness of Supplemental Computer-Assisted Instruction with Second-Grade Students At-Risk for Developmental Dyslexia. Chair: Michelle Athanasiou.
- Ducey, R. R. (2009). Having a Child Diagnosed with Autism: A Phenomenological Study of Mothers’ Experiences. Chair: Michelle Athanasiou.
- Glazier, R. P. (2009). Sexual Minority Youth and Risk Behaviors: Implications for the School Environment. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- Potthoff, K. N. (2009). The Development and Validation of the Preschool Affective Wellness Scale (PAWS). Chair: Achilles Bardos.
- Potyondy, M. M. (2009). White and Mexican American/Mexican National Adolescents’ Experiences of Anxiety. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- Sinco, S. R. (2009). Examining Executive Functions in Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance: Evaluating Hidden Neuropsychological Deficits. Chair: Achilles Bardos.
- Thomas-Duckwitz, C. (2009). Las Siete Historias: School Involvement Experiences Among Seven Mexican Immigrant Women. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- Vannice, J. E. (2009). Predicting School Readiness: Contributions of Child and Parent Variables and the Moderating Effects of Race. Chair: Michelle Athanasiou.
- Molina, A. M. (2008). A Mixed Methods Evaluation of the Discovery Program for Latino and Non-Latino Youth. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- Kodama, N. (2008). Values and wellness as related to positive school orientation among Japanese adolescents. Chair: Robyn Hess.
- Loepp Romero, M. R. (2004). Using Curriculum-Based Measurement (CBM) as a Monitoring Tool for Students with Limited English Proficiency (LEP). Chair: Michelle Athanasiou.