CCE News and Events
The University of Northern Colorado is proud to host the Mountain West Engagement Academy from February 19th-21st, 2014.
The Phelps Family CAP Awards 2014
The University of Northern Colorado through the Office of Community and Civic Engagement is proud to announce the inaugural call for nominations for The Phelps Family CAP Awards 2014.
Championed by UNC friends Bob and Bonnie Phelps, CAP Awards recognize students whose lives demonstrate an exceptional and exemplary personal commitment to:
- Contribute…by volunteering time and personal skills, talents, abilities, experience and passion around issues in service to the community.
- Achieve…by displaying a bias toward action and performance, overcoming obstacles and setbacks, and accomplishing goals.
- Pay-it-forward…by impacting the lives of others in meaningful and positive ways through random and planned acts of kindness, caring, and “giving back.”
The Phelps Family CAP Awards will recognize up to three students annually who meet the aforementioned criteria for an amount of up to $5,000. These financial awards will be applied by UNC's Office of Financial Aid to help students pay for tuition/fees, University housing, or to reduce the amount of students' college loan debt.
Who is eligible? Recipients of CAP Awards shall have satisfied the general requirements established by the Office of Financial Aid or such other office as the University administration may select in its place.
The recipients shall also meet the following additional eligibility requirements:
1. Shall be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, and a full-time undergraduate student who is not a relative of a UNC staff or faculty member.
2. Must have completed a minimum of 60 semester credits prior to the CAP Award nomination and selection process, including at least 24 credits earned on campus at UNC; have at least two semesters remaining before his or her expected graduation date; and, be in good academic standing as determined by UNC’s Registrar’s Office and students’ academic major departments.
3. Demonstrate financial need as interpreted and administered by the CAP Award Process Coordinator and UNC's Office of Financial Aid.
Nominations of eligible students should be submitted by College deans, faculty, university staff and community leaders using the attached link no later than March 28th, 2014. Click here to nominate.
Student nominees will be requested to submit supporting materials no later than April 15th, 2014.Students submit your materials here.
For more information or questions, please contact: email@example.com