Fees and Payments
Deposits / Taxes / Payment
A $500 deposit is required within 30 days of booking the event. The deposit is not refunded if the event is canceled within 6 months of the event. Otherwise, the deposit will be applied to the bill. Sales tax is added to all appropriate items.
Balance is required at the time the guaranteed count is given, which is seven (7) business days prior to your event.
Items Available For Purchase/Rental
Almost all food orders through UNC Catering include service ware in the pricing. If there is no service ware included and you would like to add some on to your order, we can accommodate. Our pricing is as follows:
- 9" Plastic Plate - $0.75 each
- 6" Plastic Plate - $0.55 each
- Plastic / Hot Cup - $0.10 each
- Plastic Fork, Spoon, or Knife - $0.20 each
- Paper Napkin - $0.10 each
- Plastic Beer Cup (16 oz) - $0.20 each
- Linen Tablecloth, round or rectangle - $3.75 each
- Linen Napkin - $0.25 each
- Buffet Upgrade: Bread Basket to each guest table (vs having bread on the buffet) - $1.00 per basket
- Buffet Upgrade: Water Pitcher to each gust table (vs water on a drink station that comes with buffets)- $5.00 each
- Buffet Upgrade: Iced Tea Pitcher to each guest table – (vs iced tea on a drink station that comes with buffets) $5.00 each
Labor & Delivery Fees
All catering delivered on campus will automatically be charged a delivery fee (except the University Center & Centennial Hall). Alternatively, some catering items may be arranged for pick-up.
- Delivery Fees
- On Campus - $25 per delivery
- Off Campus - $50 plus $5 per mile for more than a 10 mile radius
- Labor Fees
- University Security, per 200 people (please ask your Event Planner for the current price, as it varies)
- Additional staff - $20 per person, per hour
- Additional bartender - $20 per person, per hour
- Additional chef, on site - $25 per chef, per hour
- Plating Fees
- Off-Site Served Meal - $4 per person (based on client's count)
- Set Up Fees
- Early or extended / late set up fee - $100 per hour or $20 per staff member needed per hour, whichever is greater
If your event is canceled for any reason (other than an official university closure), charges will be incurred based on discretion of planners and catering managers.
University Center and Host Responsibilities
The University Center reserves the right to inspect and control all events. All displays and decorations must be approved by the Event Planning Office. The University shall not be held liable for any loss or damage of personal property brought by the customer.
The host responsible for the group will be held accountable for any damages or extraordinary cleaning costs caused by the group and will be billed accordingly. By signing the University Center confirmation, the host acknowledges their responsibility & liability for damage as well as the consequences of alcohol service (if offered).
The University Center reserved the right to cancel a reservation if it conflicts in any way with the policies of the University Center regarding events on campus. Event Planning reserved the right to change a reservation when a change is deemed necessary.
While we make every attempt not to increase our prices, economic conditions dictate that we have this flexibility. Therefore, all prices are subject to change during the year.