- TAP was established to meet the needs of separating service members during their period of transition into civilian life by offering job-search assistance and related services.
- Offers a variety of tools to assist with resumes, cover letters, and job searching for veterans
Career and job information from the U.S. Department of Labor on O*NET
Career One Stop Military to Civilian Occupation Translator
- This tool assists service members with matching military skills and experience to civilian occupations
- The Skills Profiler steps you through a series of forms that allow you to identify skills and activities you have used on the job or elsewhere. This leads to a customized Skills Profile that includes:
- A summary of identified skills and work activities.
- A list of occupations matched either to skills or work activities.
- A link to Occupation Profiles for more detailed occupation information, as well as links from there to the Employer Locator for names of employers in their area.
- A "Compare to Another Occupation" feature that identifies similarities and differences between the selected occupation and another occupation of interest.