Teacher Employment Day Fair
Spring 2017 Teacher Employment Days (TED)
Thursday & Friday, April 6th & 7th, 2017 from 8:00am-5:00pm
UNC Campus, Bank of Colorado Arena at Butler-Hancock Athletic Center
What is TED?
This teacher fair is geared toward students who will be graduating in May, UNC alumni, and community members seeking teaching employment opportunities to start Fall 2017.
When is Spring TED?
Thursday & Friday, April 6th & 7th, 2017 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Where is TED held?
- Event: UNC campus, Bank of Colorado Arena at Butler-Hancock Athletic Center Located at 17th Avenue & 21st Street, Greeley, CO 80630
- View the UNC Map
Do I need to attend both days?
School Districts will arrive on Thursday and during the first hours of the fair they will create their interview schedule for both days. They may not attend on Friday if they do not have scheduled interviews. So, it is strongly recommended that you attend Thursday to ensure you have scheduled interviews. Your registration fee admits you to the fair both days.
Will administrative vacancies be available?
In addition to teaching positions there could be; principal, superintendent, speech pathologist and school counselor positions available at this event.
What is TED PREP?
TED Prep is open to UNC students and alumni as a preparation workshop to help you be successful at Teacher Employment Days. The workshop will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2017, 9:00-11:30AM, in the University Center Columbine Suites. To register please email Diane.Kull@unco.edu and express your interest in attending. You will receive a confirmation email with more workshop details.
How can I register?
- UNC Students – Pre-registration, before April 3rd, is FREE
- UNC Alumni and Non-UNC Candidates – Registration, before April 3rd, is $35 (payable by credit card online when you register)
- At the door registration fee for UNC Students is $25.00
- At the door registration fee for UNC Alumni and Non-UNC Candidates is $50.00
- All registration fees are non-refundable
Registration for UNC Students and Alumni:
- (If you do not have an active BCC account you will need to complete the profile and your account will go into a "pending" status. Once we have made you "Active" you will be able to continue with these instructions)
Registration for UNC ALUMNI & Non-UNC Candidate:
- Create a login and password on Bears Career Connection https://www.myinterfase.com/unc/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=/unc/student/ by clicking on "Click here to register!" located under the "Login" button.
- Complete the profile screen.
- You will want to click "Yes" if you would like School Districts to view your resume before TED.
- When you see the "Bear Number" box, please use the number: 123456.
- Click on the "register" button at the bottom of the page then click on "Submit Profile".
- You can just click on "Submit" for the "Get connected!" Screen.
- Your account is now under a "Pending" status and after it converts to "Active" you will be able to continue with the next steps of instructions.
- Log back into Bears Career Connection.
- You must now upload your resume to register for the Teacher Employment Day, but you will have the option to choose if you want your resume viewed by the attending school districts.
- Click on "My Account", then "My Documents", on the top bar. Follow directions to upload your resume.
- If you would like school districts to be able to view your resume before the fair, you must click "Yes" for employer viewing rights under "Additional Information" on your profile. Click on "Edit" on the right side of the screen to change "Allow Employer Viewing" to "Yes".
- Click on "Career Events" on the top bar of Bears Career Connection.
- Click on "2017 Spring Teacher Employment Days."
- Select "Register for Event" and complete form.
- If you see the error: "You cannot register for this event as you do not currently have all the required documents on file" you need to go back to Step 9 and upload a resume.
How does the event work?
We recommend you create a "game plan" prior to attending the event, which will enable you to know which school districts you would like to target first. Click here to view a list of currently registered school districts (this list will be updated periodically until the day of the fair). A layout map of the school districts will become available closer to the event date.
Ensure you have printed your receipt prior to the event and bring your receipt to present as admission to the event.
On Thursday, April 6th, and Friday, April 7th, free parking is available in designated parking areas. View parking map for lots L, M, Y.
Even though the event is advertised to begin at 8 AM, we recommend candidates arrive between 6:30-8:00 AM on the 6th and 7:00-8:00 AM on the 7th, in order to lineup for entrance to the event. Check-in will be held in the Recreation Center Gym which is located right next to Bank of Colorado Arena at Butler-Hancock Athletic Center. Admittance to the event is first-come, first-served.
The doors to Teacher Employment Day will open at 8 AM. Once the doors are open, candidates will approach school districts of their choice to either schedule job interviews and/or participate in "meet-and-greets." Meet-and-greet interactions may lead to interviews.
Candidates should expect to interview for jobs onsite; as such, candidates should be prepared to interview with potential noise and foot-traffic distractions. Please also note candidates are responsible for keeping their own schedule of interviews, each of which should last 30 minutes. We strongly encourage candidates to never "no-show" for an interview.
Each school district will display a list of positions for which they are interviewing. If you do not see your preferred position displayed, we recommend you move on to your next choice of school district. Once you have scheduled your interviews, you may go back and follow up with the districts you are interested in which may not have listed your preferred position. If the school district is not doing interviews, do not be discouraged: Most districts are willing to talk to all candidates.
Tips for Impressing School District Representatives
- Research the school district ahead of time—including its location and populations served—and be able to articulate why you are interested in that school district.
- List of School Districts Attending TED 2017
- Map of School Districts at TED (Coming Soon)
- Prior to meeting with school district representatives at Teacher Employment Day, submit your online application for the jobs and school districts of your choice; some districts will be unable to interview you at Teacher Employment Day unless you have already applied for their positions online prior to the event.
- Show up for your interview. It is considered unprofessional to not show up for a scheduled interview, which may make it challenging for you to gain employment.
- Follow through on all instructions from the school district following your interview.
- Follow-up with a Thank You note. Download a sample thank you note.
How should I dress? What should I bring?
We highly recommend candidates dress professionally. You can view our Pinterest page to see our recommendations for dress.
Bring numerous copies of your resume (a copy machine will not be available), a copy of your transcripts and copies of 3 letters of recommendation.
Secondary teacher candidates should bring a copy of their unofficial transcripts to show districts any additional areas of education you may be eligible to teach if needed. UNC students can find unofficial transcripts on Ursa under the "Student" tab.
Inclement Weather Policy
Should inclement weather occur, please call (970) 351-4100. If the University is operating on a regular academic/work schedule, or if employees are granted a grace period to arrive, the event will be held as scheduled. Therefore, NO request for the release of obligation or refund will be granted.
In the rare circumstance that the University is closed (i.e. classes are cancelled), the event will be cancelled and every attempt will be made to reschedule.
How can I get further Information regarding the Fair?
Call UNC Career Services: (970) 351-2127.