Career Services staff can help you look for, research, and apply to graduate programs. Things to consider when researching and applying to graduate programs are:
- When looking at graduate programs it is beneficial to see if the program is accredited through a professional organization in the field. You may do this by going to the professional organization’s website and searching under accredited programs.
- We have study prep materials for the GRE General, the MAT and the LSAT available for checkout at Career Services.
- When writing your personal statement, make sure that you get your first draft out of your head and on paper.
- See a Career Counselor to review your personal statement and resume or CV. Have other trusted people read them as well.
- Complete a practice interview with a Career Counselor to get you ready for the interviewing process.
- Be sure to start looking and applying for Graduate Assistantships, Teaching Assistantships, or Research Assistantships at Universities you are applying to, you may find these opportunities either through the Graduate School, or program you are applying to.
- Want to learn more? Schedule an Appointment.