Colorado law prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation (CO's legal definition of sexual orientation for this law includes gender identity), age, disability, marriage to a co-worker, and prohibits retaliation for engaging in a civil rights-protected activity.
Federal law prohibits an employer to discriminate based on race, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), and disability or genetic information.
Looking for a job? Know your rights - Includes information on Social Media Privacy
- ACLU and ACLU of Colorado
- See the Prohibited Employment Policies/Practices at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website.
- See the How to T.R.I.U.M.P.H. Over Illegal Interview Questions for helpful strategies in dealing with illegal questions.
- DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- Denver Gay Professionals
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index - the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT employees
- Know Your Rights: Employment Discrimination and Transgender People - by the National Center for Transgender Equality
- Lambda Legal - search state laws and LGBT protections
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals, Inc.
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates LGBTCareerLink
- Transgender at Work and their list of Progressive Companies
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Disclosing a Disability in a Job Interview - Job Choices
- United States Department of Labor Disability Resources
UNC Clubs and organization categories range from professional, honorary, and academic, to social, cultural, political, and religious. Joining a club is a great way to develop leadership skills and pursue your passions.
View UNC clubs and orgs information.
- Asian/Pacific American Student Services (A/PASS)
- Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) (for first-generation college students)
- Center for International Education
- César Chavez Cultural Center
- Disability Support Services
- GLBTA Resource Office
- Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Native American Student Services (NASS)
- Veterans Services