Legal and Illegal Questions
It is illegal for an employer to discriminate against a job applicant because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
See the Prohibited Employment Policies/Practices at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website.
See the How to T.R.I.U.M.P.H. Over Illegal Interview Questions for helpful strategies in dealing with illegal questions.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals
- Denver Gay Professionals
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index - the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT employees
- Know Your Rights: Employment Discrimination and Transgender People - by the National Center for Transgender Equality
- Lambda Legal - search state laws and LGBT protections
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals, Inc.
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates LGBTCareerLink
- Transgender at Work and their list of Progressive Companies
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Disclosing a Disability in a Job Interview - Job Choices
- United States Department of Labor Disability Resources
- TAP - Career Decision Toolkit - assistance with resumes, cover letters, and job searching for veterans
- Career and job information from the U.S. Department of Labor on O*NET
- Career One Stop Military to Civilian Occupation Translator - helps service members match military skills and experience to civilian occupations
- DiversityInc's Top 10 Companies for Veterans
View UNC clubs and orgs information.
- Asian/Pacific American Student Services (A/PASS)
- Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) (for first-generation college students)
- Center for International Education
- César Chavez Cultural Center
- Disability Support Services
- GLBTA Resource Office
- Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Native American Student Services (NASS)
- Veterans Services