Welcome family. We are excited you have an interest in helping your student with their career. Career Services has many ways we can help your student reach their career goals including:
- Individual career/major decision making advising appointments
- Career assessments
- Job and internship search assistance
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Practice interviewing
- Job and internship fairs and networking events
- Bears Career Connection—our job and internship search database specifically for UNC students and alumni
Career Services has created a 4-year timeline to help you and your student understand how to best prepare for their career during each year they are at UNC. Use this timeline to help guide conversations with your student about how they can best prepare themselves for life after UNC.
To see the resources we have available to help your student, we recommend follow this link to our student resource page.
Job Outlook and College Measures
Employers Job Outlook
View the National Association of Colleges and Employers Job Outlook for 2013. This document will give you an understanding of employers’ intentions for hiring the class of 2013.
View college overall performance data for colleges in the United States at CollegeMeasures.org.
Performance measures include:
- Graduation Rate
- First-Year Retention Rate
- Cost per Student
- Cost per Degree
- Cost of Attrition
- Student Loan Default Rate
- Ratio of Student Loan Payments to Earnings per Recent Graduates