We provide services to UNC students and alumni including:
Individual appointments with a Career Counselor are approximately 50 minutes and provide you with the opportunity to receive personalized assistance with your major and or/career related goals.
To schedule an individual appointment with a Career Counselor call 970-351-2127 or stop by our office located on the 2nd floor of the University Center across from the Information Desk and next to the Card Office.
**Please note: If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, we may ask you to reschedule that appointment.
Drop-In appointments are a quick and convenient way to get some assistance from a Career Counselor. Drop-In appointments are approximately 15 minutes and are held Fall and Spring semesters on Monday-Friday from 12:00-3:00pm. No need to call ahead for an appointment, just stop by!
Long distance appointments (including phone and e-mail)
Don't live in town or have graduated and moved away? Not to worry! We provide long distance appointments via phone or e-mail to our students and alumni. You may schedule an individual phone appointment, approximately 50 minutes, with a Career Counselor by calling 970-351-2127, or e-mail, Career.Services@unco.edu, for assistance.
*Please note: We anticiapte completed repsones to e-mail requests will take up to one week (e.g. resume/CV reviews, cover letters, etc.).
*If you are emailing a resume or cover letter, please include what your resume and cover letter are for (e.g. specific job, graduate school, etc.) so that we can best serve you.
*Please DO NOT include your Bear Number in e-mails.
We offer a wide range of services to students and alumni, including assistance with:
- Deciding on majors and careers
- Starting/updating resumes and cover letters
- Discovering job and internship searching techniques and resources
- Searching and applying for graduate programs
- Developing interviewing skills
- Changing career paths
- Locating career information
We look forward to working with you! Meet Our Staff.
To schedule an appointment, call Career Services at 970-351-2127 or stop by our office located in the University Center on the 2nd floor near the Card Office.
You may also choose to e-mail Career.Services@unco.edu for e-mail reviews of resumes/CVs, cover letters, and other career related materials.
Please expect up to one week for a completed review via e-mail and please include what your resume and cover letter are for (e.g. specific job, graduate school etc.) so we can best serve you.
**Please DO NOT include your Bear Number in e-mails.
- Appointments are approximately 50 minutes, if needed.
- Our services are free for students and alumni, except for career assessments that may require a fee.
- We expect you to be actively involved in this process as this is your journey, therefore, please come prepared to talk with your counselor and be open to questions, feedback, and suggestions.
- Your career counselor may distribute handouts for supplemental guidance and provide tools and resources for you to use outside of your appointment.
- Your career counselor may determine and will likely suggest other places on campus or in the community that may be helpful for you to access.
- Your career counselor may suggest follow-up appointments if needed.
- There is no official limit to sessions with a career counselor; however, only assistance on career related goals is provided. If your counselor determines that our services no longer meet your needs, you will be referred to additional services and resources on campus and/or in the community.
What your career counseling appointment is NOT:
- The career counselor will NOT tell you what job/major is best for you; they will give you more information and resources to help you decide on your own.
- The career counselor is NOT able to advise you on your course selections or a four-year course plan.
- The career counselor will NOT write or edit for grammar, spelling, etc. career/educational related documents for you (e.g. resumes, cover letters, letters of intent); they will provide a review of your materials as well as tools and resources for you to complete these documents on your own.
- The career counselor will NOT find you a job or internship; they will provide you with job and internship searching techniques and resources.
- UNC Career Services adheres to the regulations of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). For more information please visit, www.unco.edu/regrec/FERPA.
- All information discussed during an appointment that is protected from disclosure by FERPA is confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of Career Services unless one or more of the following occurs: 1) You give consent for us to do so, 2) One or more exceptions to the consent requirement of FERPA exists, or 3) There is an articulable and significant threat to the health or safety of you or other individuals.
- Career Counselors within UNC Career Services may talk to one another to provide you the best services possible. This communication is in the provision of services and is within FERPA guidelines.
- Any documents you post in our online system, Bears Career Connection, are available for employer access.