Teacher Employment Days
Teacher Employment Days (TED) is a teacher fair that is geared toward students who will be graduating in May, UNC alumni, and community members seeking teaching employment opportunities to start in the upcoming school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for Impressing School District Representatives
- Research the school district ahead of time—including its location and populations served—and be able to articulate why you are interested in that school district.
- List of School Districts Attending TED 2017
- Map of School Districts at TED (Coming Soon)
- Prior to meeting with school district representatives at Teacher Employment Day, submit your online application for the jobs and school districts of your choice; some districts will be unable to interview you at Teacher Employment Day unless you have already applied for their positions online prior to the event.
- Show up for your interview. It is considered unprofessional to not show up for a scheduled interview, which may make it challenging for you to gain employment.
- Follow through on all instructions from the school district following your interview.
- Follow-up with a Thank You note. Download a sample thank you note.
Inclement Weather Policy
Should inclement weather occur, please call 970-351-4100. If the University is operating on a regular academic/work schedule, or if employees are granted a grace period to arrive, the event will be held as scheduled. Therefore, NO request for the release of obligation or refund will be granted.
In the rare circumstance that the University is closed (i.e. classes are cancelled), the event will be cancelled and every attempt will be made to reschedule.