Campus Recreation engages students and the UNC Community through programs and services that create learning and leadership opportunities, embrace diversity, and equip individuals to live healthy lifestyles.
The Department of Campus Recreation at the University of Northern Colorado is committed to being the very best at programming with distinct purpose. We will reach beyond traditional industry standards to enhance the total development of students through each aspect of recreational programming. We envision a dynamic array of programs that positively engage and develop community between students as well as a long-term commitment to the University of Northern Colorado.
Provide experiential learning and leadership opportunities through recreational programs and services that enhance the collegiate experience.
Create a cohesive community and welcoming environment which embraces diversity and collaboration through social engagement.
Offer programs and services that build a foundation for holistic lifestyles and continual wellness growth.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- By participating in Campus Recreation programs and services, students will understand how physical activity will improve health.
- By competing in Intramural and Club Sport programs, students will learn to work cooperatively as a team and resolve conflicts among team members.
- Campus Recreation student leaders will experience leadership opportunities that result in improved communication, listening, time management skills, and more self-confidence.
- By participating in Outdoor Pursuits programs, students will develop a greater understanding of sustainability and environmental issues.
- By participating in Campus Recreation programs and services, students will recognize their connection to the campus community and build relationships with peers.
- Through participation in Campus Recreation fitness activities, students will discover ways to achieve fitness goals and develop skills to manage weight and stress.
- Campus Recreation student participants will establish respect for differences through diverse interactions.
- Through participation in Campus Recreation programs and services, students will integrate knowledge and skills to improve personally and academically.