The mission of Campus Recreation is to enrich students’ academic experience through comprehensive and diverse programs and services that promote healthy, active lifestyles. We create an inclusive environment that provides integrated learning opportunities for the UNC community.
The Department of Campus Recreation at the University of Northern Colorado is committed to supporting the university academic mission and providing programming with distinct purpose. We will reach beyond traditional industry standards to enhance the student experience through each aspect of recreational programming. We envision a dynamic array of programs that positively engage students and develop community, as well as a long-term commitment to active lifestyles.
Culture of C.A.R.E.
Enrollment Management & Student Access staff members are expected to positively contribute to our division’s Culture of CARE (Connect, Attitude, Respect, and Empathy). Culture of CARE emphasizes empathy, community building, civility, recognition and exceptional customer service.
Campus Recreation strives to ensure a safe, affirming, and nurturing environment for UNC students and staff. Inherent in this mission is a belief that a strong community is built upon, and enriched by, both commonalities and differences. We recognize and celebrate the fact that UNC students, staff, and faculty have diverse characteristics and backgrounds. We actively demonstrate our commitment to the success of all community members through our programs, policies, and services. We foster a welcoming environment based upon open and considerate dialogue, mutual understanding, and respect for individual differences. We are committed to social justice as a tool to create change within our department, our campus, and local and global communities.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- By participating in Campus Recreation programs and services, students will understand how physical activity will improve health.
- By competing in Intramural and Club Sport programs, students will learn to work cooperatively as a team and resolve conflicts among team members.
- Campus Recreation student leaders will experience leadership opportunities that result in improved communication, listening, time management skills, and more self-confidence.
- By participating in Outdoor Pursuits programs, students will develop a greater understanding of sustainability and environmental issues.
- By participating in Campus Recreation programs and services, students will recognize their connection to the campus community and build relationships with peers.
- Through participation in Campus Recreation fitness activities, students will discover ways to achieve fitness goals and develop skills to manage weight and stress.
- Campus Recreation student participants will establish respect for differences through diverse interactions.
- Through participation in Campus Recreation programs and services, students will integrate knowledge and skills to improve personally and academically.