Campus Rec Information

Non-Student Memberships


Purchasing a Membership:

All Non-Student Memberships can be registered at the Campus Recreation Center Entry Desk. Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted.

Payroll Deduction options are available for faculty and staff members.

Spouse and Domestic Partner Procedures:

Married couples must show marriage certificate or follow steps for domestic partners.

Domestic partners must show proof of shared residence and one of the following:

  1. Joint bank account or loan
  2. Joint insurance or listing as beneficiary on insurance or retirement
  3. Joint car registration
  4. Other legal documentation of financial interdependence.

ID Cards:

For Faculty and Staff, your Bear ID Card will work for entry. All other members must visit the Card Office, located in the University Center, which will issue each member a UNC Rec Center ID Card.

To receive the ID Card, take the payment receipt from Campus Recreation to the Card Office. This new card will be activated only after each member updates the Campus Rec Administrative Office of their new card number. Contact Vince Carter (351-2068) to set-up an appointment.

Current & Retired Faculty & Staff Memberships:

Current and retired faculty and staff may purchase a membership to the Campus Recreation Center. Memberships may be purchased on an annual or semester basis (please see the current membership fee schedule).

Current faculty and staff can opt for Payroll Deduction which deducts your monthly amount for the length of your membership.

Emeritus Faculty Memberships:

Retired faculty with Emeritus status are issued a free membership to the Campus Recreation Center. Proof of Emeritus status is required upon registering for your membership.

Alumni & Affiliate Memberships:

Alumni - Current members of the Alumni Association are eligible to purchase an annual or monthly membership (please see the current member fee schedule). Alumni must show proof of being a current member of the Alumni Association. Contact the Alumni Association to be issued an Alumni Card.

UNC Affiliate - Any person that is working for an organization that is affiliated with UNC (Campus Ministry, ROTC, etc.), may be eligible to purchase a membership (please see the current member fee schedule). Affiliates must show proof of affiliation (e.g. ID Card) with the university.

Family Dependents:

  • Dependents under the age of 18 are not eligible to purchase a membership but may accompany their parent/guardian member for the daily fee of $3.00.
  • An adult member of the Center must supervise all guests and children under the age of 18 (within sight of activity area).
  • Children under 18 years of age are not permitted in the weight and fitness area on the first floor at any time.
  • Children under 18 may not be on the cardiovascular equipment or weight equipment in any area.
  • Children in the pool must be closely supervised by an adult member at all times. In addition, for infants, toddlers and non-swimmers, the adult is expected to be in the water with the child and within arms reach at all times.
  • The parent or guardian may check out equipment for the dependent.
  • Dependents may not participate in adult classes, intramural sports leagues or tournaments.