Campus Recreation Information
As part of the student fee package, students are automatically members of the Campus Recreation Center. Faculty and staff, current and retired, are invited to join the Campus Recreation Center at a competitive price.
There are many ways to get involved with campus Recreation; start by visiting the Entry Desk and meeting our staff. Ask for a tour, ask about programs and equipment or simply explore on your own!
The Campus Recreation Center is one of the most popular locales on campus, serving more than 250,000 student and faculty/staff visits annually. The Campus Recreation Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to meet the recreational and fitness needs of the UNC community and provides the activity spaces:
- More than 7,000 square feet of strength and conditioning spaces, featuring weight machines, free weights, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, upright and recumbent bikes, an upper-body cycle, and rowingmachines
- Two multi-purpose gymnasiums, featuring a total of 5 hardwood basketball courts
- An indoor, 1/10 mile, walking/jogging track
- Two racquetball/wallyball courts
- An indoor climbing wall
- A group fitness and exercise room
- Locker rooms
- Meeting spaces
- Department administrative offices
For rental information, square footage of individual spaces and room accommodations, please refer to the facility rental pages of this website.