ACE Practical Personal Training Course
Learn the skills necessary to become an ACE certified personal trainer! The UNC Campus Recreation Practical Personal Training Course will provide students with the information, education, and practical experience needed to become a certified personal trainer.
The ACE Practical Personal Training Course consists of extensive practical and theoretical training, including anatomy and kinesiology, exercise physiology, fitness assessments, training techniques, client program design, safety and injury prevention, and an introduction to special populations. This course is designed to prepare participants to take the American Council of Exercise nationally recognized certification exam. Visit www.acefitness.org for more information regarding the American Council of Exercise Personal Trainer Certification.
- 32 hours of practical and theoretical training
- Educational Handouts and Personal Training Resources
- Certificate of Completion
- Preparation for ACE's National Certification Exam
- Lead by Certified Fitness Professionals
Register and pay at the UNC Campus Recreation Entry Desk.* .
For more information regarding this program please contact:
Jade Dworkin Coordinator of Fitness & Wellness
*There are no refunds and course registration does not include the certification exam. This course is geared specifically in preparing for the ACE's Certification, but can also assist with general preparation for other national certifications. Below is a list of recommended Nationally Recognized Certifications:
Why get ACE-certified?
- ACE is the world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization
- ACE is recognized industry-wide as the standard for fitness certifications
- ACE certifications are NCCA-accredited, providing you with a competitive advantage
- Get support throughout your career from ACE’s knowledgeable resource staff
- Choose from more than 3,000 continuing education opportunities to advance your career
- ACE gives you access to employment, business, marketing and fitness research tools
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on insurance, fitness products and educational programs
American College of Sports Medicine: www.acsm.org
American Council Exercise: www.acefitness.org
National Academy of Sports Medicine: www.nasm.org
National Strength and Conditioning Association: www.nsca.com