Wilderness First Aid
Wilderness First Responder Course
- Essential for anyone who spends a significant amount of time in remote places, the Wilderness First Responder (WFR) course will prepare you to make difficult medical decisions.
- During this fast-paced, engaging course, you will spend half your time outside of the classroom in realistic scenarios, including a full-scale night mock rescue.
- The nationally recognized NOLS Wilderness Medicine Institute (WMI) curriculum encompasses a wide range of topics including long-term patient care, wound management, straightening angulated fractures, reducing dislocations, litter packaging and administering medications.
- This 10-day course is ideal for all professionals operating in remote environments. WMI Adult and Child CPR & Airway Management certification is included. You will leave this course with the tools and confidence to manage patients in the back country for multiple days.
- The intensive 80-hour curriculum is delivered by dynamic educators who have practiced medicine in both wilderness and urban environments.
NOLS Wilderness First Responder Certification
July 28th - August 6th
$655 Non UNC Rate
$600 UNC Student Rate