Please read the following information to prepare yourself for your upcoming course. Please see the Program Description to educate yourself on the type of program you are participating in and then read the following policies. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our offices by either email at Whitney.Dyer@unco.edu or by phone at (970) 351-2643. We look forward to working with you and your group and thank you for your interest in our programming.
Challenge by Choice, Effort & Encouragement
Here at UNC Ropes Course we like to practice “challenge by choice.” This means that
you as an individual choose your level of participation, it is not chosen for you
by facilitators or other group members. No one is ever forced to do something they
are not comfortable doing, and most of our activities are easily modified to resolve
individual problems, concerns, or physical limitations. All that we ask is that you
be ready to give 100% because like with most things in life, you get out of them what
you put in.
On our challenge course, we try to foster an environment that encourages people to look for the strengths in others, instead of seeing their weaknesses. Our goal is to provide programming that is challenging, fun, and safe.
What to Bring
Participants are required to adhere to the following policies:
- Jewelry is not allowed during programming. This list includes, but is not limited to: necklaces, earrings, studs, nose rings, watches, and rings. We recommend not wearing jewelry to programming as you are responsible for storing it.
- Long hair must be tied up.
- Participants must wear closed toed athletic shoes. All footwear must have shoelaces. There should be absolutely no openings in the shoe.
- Anyone wearing the following will not be permitted to participate: lace-less boots, boat shoes, strapped sandals, slip-ons shoes, lace-less shoes, cowboy boots, and thin soled shoes. As it is hard to detail every possible shoe that is inappropriate, so we reserve the right to make a judgment call on whether your footwear is acceptable. It is recommended that you wear a running/or training type shoe.
- Clothing should be weather appropriate, so check the weather before you come out.
- Excessively short shorts and tank top type clothing are not allowed.
- In an effort to be environmentally friendly, please bring a re-fillable, reusable water bottle on the day of the programming.
What NOT to bring:
Anyone in possession or under the influence of drugs or alcohol during programming is in violation of the UNC Conduct Code and will be reported to the University of Northern Colorado Dean of Students Office or UNC Police Department.
Smoking and tobacco use is not allowed on ropes course grounds.
Disruptive or Inattentive Participants
While we strive to create a fun atmosphere for participants, we expect all participants to pay attention, be actively involved, and ask questions while we are presenting safety rules and procedures. Note that safety is our ultimate priority and if we conclude that you or your group’s actions are affecting your safety, we reserve the right to cancel programming at any point.