Campus Connections is committed to providing a positive, engaging, safe and comfortable place to develop meaningful relationships and to have a good time. In order to help make Campus Connections a success for everyone, we ask the following of youth & families:
- Please arrive between 4:15 and 4:30pm to McKee Hall during your Campus Connections night and arrange for pick up by 8:30pm every week for the entire 12-week duration of the program.
- Please bring warm clothes and comfortable shoes for walking (we’ll be going outside).
Specific Youth Expectations
In order to create and maintain a safe and positive environment, the following are some behavioral expectations of youth:
- Stay within arm’s length of your mentor at all times
- Behave respectfully (no fighting, no yelling, no cussing, no outbursts)
- Keep yourself and others safe
- No smoking, drinking or drugs (including paraphernalia) prior to or during Campus Connections
- Dress appropriately (please follow your school dress code)
- Express feelings appropriately and engage in appropriate conversation (no bullying, no name-calling or slurs, no negativity)
- Follow mentor and all other Campus Connections staff instructions the first time
- Keep hands to yourself
Only enrolled youth are allowed at Campus Connections
- No use of cell phones, iPods, or other electronic devices during Campus Connections, except in emergencies
- Bring schoolwork or GED prep assignments each night
- No contact with mentors outside of Campus Connections until the end of the 12-week program
- Have fun!