What is a Mentor Coach?
Mentor Coaches (MCs) are experienced mentors who have completed at least one semester of Campus Connections or have sufficient direct previous experience with the population we serve. MCs support youth mentees in their assigned Mentor Family throughout the entire semester. Mentor Families are typically comprised of four to five mentor-mentee pairs and a Mentor Coach.
MCs are involved in all aspects of the Campus Connections course, including mentor training and orientation. MCs attend Campus Connections for the entire time from 3:30pm-9:00pm one night a week, same as mentors, and help instructors with pre-lab, wrap-up and cleaning. See the Mentor Nightly Schedule for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor Coach and have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Support youth mentees in assigned Mentor Family
- Facilitate small group discussions during pre-lab sessions with mentors and offer support
- Support mentors in applying evidence-based practices discussed in training
- Help mentors strategize and troubleshoot difficult situations
- Assist Campus Connections Instructors with nightly organization and coordination
- Lead groups during Walk-and-Talks
- Monitor noise-levels and ensure building policies are followed
- Assist with family dinner
- Lead and assist families in nightly cleaning responsibilities
- Have fun with both the mentors and youth mentees
- Communicate with the Campus Connections Instructors and the other members of the Campus Connections Leadership Team
Mentor Coaches must:
- Be currently enrolled UNC students
- Have completed at least one semester of Campus Connections as a mentor or demonstrate previous direct experience with the populations we serve
- Complete required background checks (if not previously completed)
Fall 2018 Campus Connections will be held on Thursdays 3:30-9:00pm.
Deadline: Friday, April 13th by 5:00pm
FA18 MENTOR COACH APPLICATION
The application is a fillable PDF form (you can type into it). Do not fill out the form in a web browser as it will not save correctly, use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
For any questions, contact email@example.com