How to Apply
Mentor Qualifications & Pre-reqs
Any currently enrolled UNC student (undergraduate or graduate) may apply to become a Campus Connections mentor. There are no course pre-reqs for Campus Connections, however, in order to become a Campus Connections mentor, students must:
- Commit to attend each week of Campus Connections throughout the entire semester
- Uphold the values and ethics of Campus Connections
- Attend one of the Mandatory Informational Meetings (see schedule below), or schedule a time to meet individually with a Campus Connections staff member
- Fill out a Mentor Application and be accepted into the program
- Successfully complete a background check (details on this are included in the application packet)
Once you submit your completed application, you will receive a confirmation email that we have received your application for review. Priority deadline for SP18 applications is November 21st. (We will continue to accept applications after Nov 21st until the course is full).
Shortly after, you will be notified of your application status and if accepted, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register for the course.
If you have questions, please see the Student/Mentor FAQ’s or contact us.
Mandatory Informational Meetings
By attending a Mandatory Informational Meeting you will learn more about this exciting program, course requirements, and if Campus Connections is a good fit for you. You will also have the opportunity to ask a Campus Connections staff member any questions you might have.
You may submit your application prior to attending an information session, however your application will not be considered complete until you attend an info session.
Thursday, November 9th
McKee Hall Rm 282
Monday, November 13th
McKee Hall Rm 282
Thursday, November 16th
Attendance at an information session is required, but attendees are under no obligation to apply. For questions or to schedule an individual Informational Meeting, please contact email@example.com or 970-351-1635.
SP18 Campus Connections will be held on Thursdays, 3:30-9:00pm.
Tuesday, November 21st is the priority deadline. Applications submitted by November 21st will be considered first.
We will continue to take applications after November 21st until the course is full.
- The application is a fillable PDF form (you can type into it). You may need to download the form to your computer to fill it out electronically.
- Please be sure to carefully read all the instructions before submitting your completed Mentor Application Packet.
- Email your completed application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person to McKee Hall, Room #248, Department of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education.
For questions, please contact email@example.com