Parking and Construction Updates
Portion of 22nd Street Closed July 24-Aug. 18 for Campus Commons Construction
The portion of 22nd Street between 10th and 11 avenues will be closed from Monday, July 24, to Friday, Aug. 18, due to Campus Commons construction. The C parking lot will be accessible from 23rd Street. Additional impacts to 22nd Street such as reduced width and restricted parking will continue through fall semester. More info will be provided as it becomes available.
Up-to-date construction, parking and transportation information will be available throughout the project here and through Parking Services, University Center, Facilities Management and UNC News; and in UNC Today (for faculty and staff) and Around Campus (for students).
Spring 2017 Parking and Transportation Modifications
North of the University Center
- Pay-to-park spaces in this parking lot have been reduced to 24 to increase the number of spaces available for annual permit holders.
- Portions of A Lot may be temporarily closed for contractor use during construction, but will be announced in advance
Immediately South of the University Center
- This parking lot, on the site of the new Campus Commons building, is permanently closed.
East of 11th Avenue between 22nd and 23rd streets
- C Lot will be available only for daytime parking and shouldn't be used as long-term or overnight parking.
- The northeast corner of the parking lot is closed to accommodate construction trailers until the project is complete.
- Other portions of the lot may be temporarily closed during construction, but will be announced in advance.
northwest of Bishop-Lehr
- Parking lot closed for use by contractor.
southeast of Ross Hall
- Additional student parking is available.
To encourage parking away from the construction area, 400 Y Lot-only permits are available at a significantly reduced cost.
- Students, faculty and staff who paid full price for annual permits can exchange them for a Y Lot-only permit and receive a refund $115 (students) and $130 (faculty and staff).
- Faculty and staff enrolled in the payroll deduction service since August can exchange their permits for Y Lot-only permits and no longer be charged for parking from Jan. 31 through summer.
Y Lot-only permits are available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at Gray Hall, 1813 8th Ave.
- To exchange your current permit, please take it with you.
- To receive the full refund, exchange your permit by Jan. 31.
There are marked UNC Police/Parking Services visitor spaces where you can park for 15 minutes to exchange or purchase a permit.
Across 11th Avenue
- Closed until further notice. Please use the crosswalk at 11th Avenue and 22nd Street.
- Parking in the area will continue to be monitored to identify needs for future expansion or improvements.