UNC ATHLETICS | MISSION STATEMENT
The UNC Department of Athletics embraces the University’s mission and exemplifies BEAR PRIDE by acting with integrity and displaying accountability while passionately striving for excellence and inclusivity in the classroom, on the playing field and in the community.
INTEGRITY - ACCOUNTABILITY - PASSION - EXCELLENCE - INCLUSIVITY
Did You Know?
- The cumulative GPA for all UNC student-athletes was a 3.15 in 2016-17
- During the 2016-17 academic year, 171 UNC student-athletes earned spots on a Conference All-Academic team
- Top 5 Majors for UNC student-athletes are Sport & Exercise Science, Business Administration, Communication Studies, Biological Science and Psychology
- Since 2010, UNC student-athletes have maintained a graduation rate of 86%.
- Over 40 school records were broken by UNC student-athletes during the 2016-17 season
- In the last five years, UNC student-athletes have accumulated over 640 wins
- During the 2016-17 athletic season, UNC teams totaled 76 wins at home in Greeley
- Over 150 student-athletes have received All-Conference recognition since 2012
- In 2016-17, UNC teams and student-athletes led their respective conference in over 35 statistical categories