Teaching Academy for Online Learning (TAO) Spring and Summer Sessions - 2015
The Teaching Academy is an extension of the “Online Program Development Fund” offered by the Provost’s Office and Extended Campus, where faculty members work with Instructional Designers to develop courses using Quality Matters standards as guidelines and receive a stipend when their courses meet Quality Matters expectations.
The Teaching Academy includes both online and face to face components that provide pedagogical background and best practices in online learning along with practical skills for developing and teaching an online course. Faculty members will receive funding for participating in the academy and developing a new online course that meets QM standards.
Schedule - Two Offerings of the Teaching Academy in 2015:
Spring Semester TAO
- Online component starts February 16
- Face to face sessions will be held on the following Fridays in Greeley from 9 - 11 AM:
- Feb. 27
- March 6
- March 27
- April 2
- Course development will continue through April with consultations with Instructional Designers
- Final product due by April 30
- Online component begins June 8
- Face to face sessions will be held on the following Fridays at Centerra from 9 - 3 PM (lunch included):
- June 19
- June 26
- Course development will continue through July with consultations with Instructional Designers
- Final product due by July 31
Review the Teaching Academy contract. At the end of the document is a signature form.
Send the completed forms to Instructional Design and Development, Campus Box 21.
If you have questions concerning the process, please call Kate Endres at 351-2128.
IDD looks forward to working with you!