Teaching Academy for Online Learning (TAO) Spring and Summer Sessions - 2015
The Teaching Academy is an extension of the “Online Program Development Fund” offered by the Provost’s Office and Extended Campus, where faculty members work with Instructional Designers to develop courses using Quality Matters standards as guidelines and receive a stipend when their courses meet Quality Matters expectations.
The Teaching Academy includes both online and face to face components that provide pedagogical background and best practices in online learning along with practical skills for developing and teaching an online course. Faculty members will receive funding for participating in the academy and developing a new online course that meets QM standards.
Schedule - Two Offerings of the Teaching Academy in 2015:
Spring Semester TAO - Filled and Closed
Summer TAO - Taking Applications - DUE BY March 2, 2015 - Many applications already received!
- Online component begins June 8th
- Face to face sessions will be held on the following Fridays at Centerra from 9 - 3 PM (lunch included):
- June 19th
- June 26th
- Course development will continue through July with consultations with Instructional Designers
- Final product due by July 31rd
Review the Teaching Academy contract. At the end of the document is a signature form.
Send the completed forms to Instructional Design and Development, Campus Box 21.
- The form must be printed and then signed.
- If the form fields do not allow you enough space, create a Word document to supplement the form.
- If you have questions concerning the process, please call Kate Endres at 351-2128.
IDD looks forward to working with you!