The Teaching Academy is an extension of the “Online Program Development Fund” offered by the Provost’s Office and Extended Campus, where faculty members work with Instructional Designers to develop courses using Quality Matters standards as guidelines and receive a stipend when their courses meet Quality Matters expectations.
The Teaching Academy includes both online and face to face components that provide pedagogical background and best practices in online learning along with practical skills for developing and teaching an online course. Faculty members will receive funding for participating in the academy and developing a new online course that meets QM standards.
Schedule - Two Offerings of the Teaching Academy in 2016:
Spring Semester TAO -
- Required online components from February 1st- February 11th and again from February 15th- March 3rd
- Face to face sessions will be held on the following Fridays in Greeley from 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM (lunch included):
- February 12th
- March 4th
- Course development will continue through April with consultations with Instructional Designers
- Final product due by April 30th
- Required online components from June 1st- June 9th and again from June 13th - June 23rd
- Face to face sessions will be held on the following Fridays at Centerra from 9:00 - 12:00 PM (lunch included):
- June 10th
- June 24th
- Course development will continue through July with consultations with Instructional Designers
- Final product due by July 31st
To apply please complete and send the "Teaching Academy Application" form attached below to Instructional Design and Development, Campus Box 21 or send via email to email@example.com
- The form must have the appropriate signatures (can be signed electronically)
- If you need additional space on the form please create a Word document to supplement the form.
- If you have questions concerning the process, please call Shawna Watson at 351-1189.
IDD looks forward to working with you!