Blackboard Upgrade - Scheduled for May 16th, 8 pm MST
In order to improve our Blackboard Learning Management System, we will be undergoing an upgrade. The upgrade will impact online instruction for all courses as Blackboard will be inaccessible. The upgrade will not impact the content of the courses. Normal access and performance will be restored after the upgrade is complete.
The upgrade is scheduled for May 16th, 8pm MST. Once the Blackboard Managed Hosting team has finished the update, the UNC team of Instructional Designers and System Administrators will confirm and communicate with campus identifying that access has been restored.
The upgrade will fix existing issues and add some excellent new features to tools. Please check out our Faculty and Student Quick Reference Guides to discover more information concerning the new features. If you have questions or need assistance in any way, please contact the Technical Support Center at 970-351-4357 or at email@example.com.
UNC has a "Help Desk" that you can call for technical and instructional design problems and questions. The help desk is available 24/7, but depending on the nature of the call it may be referred to a UNC expert for resolution.
- Phone number: 1-800-545-2331 or (970) 351-4357
- Web page: Support U Home Page - Select Instructor or Student on the left navigation menu to access support documentation.
- Blackboard Blog: Blog - contains up-to-date status information concerning Blackboard outages and maintenance.
Before Calling for Help top
Before calling for help, please try the following:
- Close Blackboard and the browser. Sign in again.
- Restart your computer.
- Try another browser.
- Try from another computer (if you have one available).
Supported Internet Browsers top
If you are having trouble with some Blackboard features, it may be due to your browser. Check the version of browser on your computer. The following are compatible with Blackboard. Detailed Information.
- Internet Explorer 10 from Microsoft (26 October 2012 for Windows 8, 26 February 2013 for Windows 7)
Internet Explorer 9 from Microsoft (14 March 2011)
There are some configuration options for Internet Explorer that may make some features of Blackboard Learn difficult to use. To learn more, see Internet Explorer Security Zones and Compatibility View in this section.
- Firefox 24
- Safari 6.0
- Chrome 30