UNC has a "Help Desk" that you can call for technical and instructional design problems and questions. The help desk is available 24/7, but depending on the nature of the call it may be referred to a UNC expert for resolution.
- Phone number: 1-800-545-2331 or (970) 351-4357
- Web page: Support U Home Page - Select Instructor or Student on the left navigation menu to access support documentation.
- Blackboard Blog: Blog - contains up-to-date status information concerning Blackboard outages and maintenance.
Before Calling for Help top
Before calling for help, please try the following:
- Close Blackboard and the browser. Sign in again.
- Restart your computer.
- Try another browser.
- Try from another computer (if you have one available).
Supported Internet Browsers top
If you are having trouble with some Blackboard features, it may be due to your browser. Check the version of browser on your computer. The following are compatible with Blackboard. Detailed Information.
- Internet Explorer 10 from Microsoft (26 October 2012 for Windows 8, 26 February 2013 for Windows 7)
Internet Explorer 9 from Microsoft (14 March 2011)
There are some configuration options for Internet Explorer that may make some features of Blackboard Learn difficult to use. To learn more, see Internet Explorer Security Zones and Compatibility View in this section.
- Firefox 24
- Safari 6.0
- Chrome 30