Graduate Student Survival
The information on this page is pertinent to biology graduate students in the M.S. and Ph.D. programs, but not students in the MBS program. For information specific to the MBS program, please see the MBS program page.
Survival information from the university
Survival information from the School of Biological Sciences
The easiest way to survive graduate school is to follow instructions. Some of the instructions you will need to make it through graduate school successfully can be found at our Forms and Instructions page. Important information you will find there will include...
- Flow charts to graduation
- Formats for research proposals
- Annual progress report form
- TA teaching preference form
- PubMed -- Index Medicus
- Michener Library
- Descriptions of all courses -- see the current university catalog
- Schedules for all UNC courses
- Schedule of biology elective classes
- See the Sciences Careers site, sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)