Report a Bias Motivated Incident
There are three ways you can report a bias-motivated incident that you have witnessed or experienced:
- Contact the Dean of Students Office/Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities at (970) 351-2001
- Visit us in person at Decker Hall, across from Tobey-Kendel Dining Hall
- Submit a confidential online incident report
What should I include in my report?
- Name and contact information of all parties involved- REQUIRED
- If you do not have contact information for the harming party, we will not be able to hold them accountable in the process. We will still offer support to the individual and community impacted in the incident.
- Providing your name does not breach confidentiality. If you would like your name kept confidential, please indicate your preference on the incident report form.
- As much detail about the incident as you can share from your perspective.
What happens to my report?
- Your report is submitted directly to the Assistant Director for Community Standards and Conflict Resolution, who will review the information and determine next steps.
- You will receive notification of the receipt of your report and/or if you are the report author you will be contacted by a Bias Response Team Member within 24 hours to gain more information around the incident.