How can I create positive change at UNC?
There are several ways you can create positive change at UNC!
#1 GET INVOLVED
You can support student advocacy services through volunteering and/or attending UNC functions.
- Asian/Pacific American Student Services
- Cesar Chavez Cultural Center
- Disability Support Services
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender and Allies Resource Center
- Marcus Garvey Cultural Center
- Native American Student Services
- Women's Resource Center
Join a UNC group or club, or create your own, to serve your cause.
#2 SPEAK OUT
- Run for Student Senate, or attend meetings to voice your thoughts. Always VOTE!
- Create literature, art, music, etc. to share your ideas
- Encourage others to report any bias motivated behaviors on this website
#3 BE AN ALLY
- Learn from those who are different from you
- Speak up for voices that aren't present in a conversation
- Understand and explore your own privileges
- Interrupt offensive jokes and language
- Respect one another's differences
#4 EXPLORE NATIONAL STUDENT MOVEMENTS FOR CHANGE
- Own what you think “Own What You Think is about collaborating, dissenting, learning and disagreeing in a constructive manner that allows us to grow as individuals and a society as a whole.”
- Student Peace Alliance “Make Peace. Make Sense. Make History”
- Free Culture “The mission of the Free Culture movement is to build a bottom-up, participatory structure to society and culture, rather than a top-down, closed, proprietary structure.”
- Human Rights Campaign "As the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization, HRC envisions an America where LGBT people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.”