Information about surveys conducted by the Office of Assessment to support planning and decision making are available below. For information on, or breakdowns of this data for your college or department, please contact Kim Black.
UNC participates in the Cooperative Institutional Research Program’s Freshman Survey every three years. The survey is given to entering first-year students during New Student Orientation the summer prior to their first semester at UNC.
2015 Freshman Survey Results
- The First Year Student Experience
- 2015 Infographic - UNC vs. National Averages
- 2015 Institutional Profile Report (Full table of Freshman Survey items)
- 2015 Construct Report
- 2015 Theme Report
2012 Freshman Survey Results
- 2012 Institutional Profile Report (Full table of Freshman Survey items)
- 2012 Construct Report
- 2012 Theme Report
Each year, UNC administers the Cooperative Institutional Research Program’s College Senior Survey to all graduating seniors.
Results from the four most recent surveys are available here:
2015 CIRP College Senior Survey
2013 CIRP College Senior Survey
2012 CIRP College Senior Survey
Since 1989, UCLA’s HERI has conducted a triennial survey of the nation’s college and university faculty. UNC has participated in the survey since 2007.
Results from the two most recent surveys are available here:
- 2013-2014 HERI Faculty Survey
- UNC-Specific Faculty Survey Report:
- 2013-2014 Institutional Profile Report (Full table of Faculty Survey items)
- 2013-2014 Construct Report
- 2013-2014 Theme Report
- 2013-2014 Infographic - UNC vs. National Averages
- 2010-2011 HERI Faculty Survey Institutional Profile Report
UNC Alumni Survey
UNC surveys recent graduates each year to obtain information about career and graduate education placement.
Results from the three most recent alumni surveys, as well as a longitudinal trend report, are available below. For reports on individual colleges, please contact Kim Black.
- Longitudinal Alumni Survey Trend Report (3 years)
- 2014-2015 UNC Alumni Survey
- 2013-2014 UNC Alumni Survey
- 2012-2013 UNC Alumni Survey
- 2011-2012 UNC Alumni Survey
- 2010-2011 UNC Alumni Survey
Graduate School Exit Survey
The Exit Survey is completed by UNC’s masters, specialist, and doctoral students who have graduated. The survey assesses students’ opinions about their experiences at the University. Besides some general satisfaction questions, questions focused on satisfaction with program faculty, mentoring, the thesis and dissertation process if applicable, career services and employment. The survey is distributed three times a year.