If You Were Raped
- IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, CALL 911.
- If you are a UNC student, call ASAP at 351-1490 during business hours,
or the crisis line at 351-4040 after hours.
- If you are not a UNC student, contact your
area rape crisis program, RAINN, by calling the Rape, Abuse & Incest
National Network at 1-800-656-HOPE.
- Call a clos friend or relative for support.
- Do not douche, bathe, or change clothes until you have talked with
the police. You may destroy valuable evidence needed by the police.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. DO NOT WAIT.
If the assault happened in the past and you are having trouble with recovery,
seek counseling or a support group.
- At UNC, the University Counseling Center is available to students at
low cost and can be contacted at 351-2496.
- In Greeley, North Range Behavioral Health provides counseling on a sliding
fee scale and can be reached at 347-2120.
- The sexual Assault Victim Advocate Center (SAVA) offers a support group for survivors of
sexual assault and can be reach. 970-472-4204
- Outside Greeley, consult your area rape
crisis center regarding counseling and support options.