Auditioning for the School of Music
• You will need to complete a School of Music Application (on right-hand side of screen)
• You will also need to apply to the University of Northern Colorado (right-hand side of this screen). You can apply to the School of Music prior to receiving your letter of acceptance to UNC.
• You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application. The email will have the date and time of your audition.
• To declare a music major (any degree/emphasis), you must successfully audition for the School of Music. This audition also acts as a scholarship audition.
2015 Audition Dates
• Saturday, February 7, 2015
• Monday, February 16, 2015
• Saturday, February 21, 2015
Preparing for your admission and scholarship audition
• Please refer to the appropriate pages on the School of Music application for a detailed description of how to best prepare for this audition. You are also welcome to contact the faculty listed on the application with any questions about repertoire.
On the day of your audition
• Parking: You are welcome to park along 9th or 10th Ave. You are required to purchase a parking pass if you wish to park in any UNC parking lot Monday - Friday.
• Registration: When you arrive for your audition, please check in at least 30-45 minutes before your scheduled audition time at the hospitality table in the Music Technology Wing (along the northwest side of Frasier Hall). You will have the opportunity to warm up in a practice room.
Tours and Class Visitation
• We will be offering tours of Frasier Hall and the Music Library at 10:00am and 2:00pm each Audition Day. There is no need to RSVP. Just meet by the Registration Table in the Music Technology Wing of Frasier Hall at the appointed time.
• Campus tours are arranged through the UNC Visitor’s Center at 970-351-2097. Please contact the Visitor's Center yourself to set this up. UNC campus tours do not include a tour of Frasier Hall, and they are typically offered on weekdays only.
• You may contact Gibran.Khan@unco.edu to arrange a Music tour and/or class visitation on any other day during the academic year. During interim break, Spring break, and summertime, please contact Susan.Allen@unco.edu in the main Music Office for assistance.
Informal Lunch and Faculty Presentations
• There will be an informal complimentary lunch and orientation meeting for students and/or parents, 12:00pm - 1:30pm in Frasier Hall, Room 90 on each of our three Audition days. We will provide information on the audition and scholarship process, course work for music majors, financial aid, and participation in ensembles. You will also have an opportunity to meet our faculty and staff.
• Please RSVP to Valerie.Kalos@unco.edu. Parents and/or music teachers are encouraged to accompany you.
• We have exciting opportunities for you to attend one or more of our performances. For ticket information, contact the College of Performing and Visual Arts Box Office at 970-351-2200. Tickets for all events are limited and will be available after February 1, 2015.
February 21, 2015
o College of Performing and Visual Arts GALA,
o 8:00 pm. performance at Union Colony Civic Center, Monfort Concert Hall.
o Limited number of complimentary tickets.
o More than 500 of the students from the University of Northern Colorado College of Performing and Visual Arts will showcase the incredible depth and variety of their talents at the annual Arts Gala. All proceeds benefit the College of Performing and Visual Arts Scholarship Fund. (http://www.arts.unco.edu/gala/)
A list of classes to visit on Monday, February 16, 2015 will be made available in early January.
We look forward to meeting you.
Program Assistant, School of Music
University of Northern Colorado, Box 28
Greeley, CO 80639
Frasier 108, Studio V