WUE provides reduced tuition to students who are residents of one of the states participating in the WUE program. This tuition classification allows students to pay tuition at a minimum of 150% the resident tuition rate. This is a savings of over $6,000 per year.
- It is automatically offered to non-resident students are permanent residents in one of the WUE states.
- You may participate in an internship or another exchange program and retain your WUE status. The internship must be a credit-bearing University of Northern Colorado course and the exchange enrollment must generate legitimate UNC credit hours.
Western Undergraduate Exchanges Participating States:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
How to Apply
Your application for admission also serves as your application for WUE. In addition, you may submit the UNC Universal Scholarship Application to be considered for other scholarships. Detailed information about all of the UNC scholarships is at www.unco.edu/ofa/scholarships. The tuition reduction is given to students who are working on their first bachelor’s degree program. Students in off-campus cash-funded programs (Extended Studies) are not eligible and should check with the Office of Extended Studies regarding scholarship opportunities.
Estimated costs for the 2011-12 Academic Year
|Fees||$1,323 b||$1,323 b|
|Room & Board
(based on 19 meals/week)
|$10,190 c||$10,190 c|
|Books & Supplies||$1,325||$1,325|
- Tuition rate based on 15 credit hours per semester. Does not include differentialtuition rate – a per credit hour charge to defray the higher costs associated withoffering science/SES/art, business, music, theatre, dance and nursing classes.The differential is expected to be $18.00 for non-liberal arts core sciences/SES/art classes, $40.00 per credit hour for non-liberal arts core business classes,$36.00 per credit hour for non-liberal arts core classes in music, theatre, anddance courses and $64.00 for non-liberal arts core nursing classes.
- Fees based on an average of 15 credit hours per semester. Fees vary per credit hour and program.
- Multiple meal plans are available.
WUE Admission-Based Scholarships
UNC now automatically awards renewable admission-based merit scholarships for WUE students who qualify based on their Scholarship Eligibility Index. Information on how these scores are determined is available at www.unco.edu/admission/wueindex.pdf. Save even more with these scholarship opportunities:
WUE Presidential Scholarship
- $2,000/renewable for four years
- Eligibility index of 129 or above
WUE Provost Scholarship
- $1,500/renewable for four years
- Eligibility index of 112-128
WUE Bear Tracks Scholarship
- $1,000/renewable for four years
- Eligibility index of 100-111