National Undergraduate Scholarship
The University of Northern Colorado is pleased to announce a unique scholarship program designed to recognize non-resident students who have reached a high level of academic achievement. A $6,000 renewable scholarship known as the National Undergraduate Scholarship will be offered automatically to each applicant to UNC who meets the eligibility criteria. Early application is highly recommended. The program is open only to students enrolling for the first time at UNC. On-line programs are not eligible for the National Undergraduate Scholarship. The National Undergraduate Scholarship is not available to Colorado residents.
You will receive this scholarship if you have:
- Have a score of 106 or higher on the University of Northern Colorado Eligibility Index for freshmen or have earned at least 30 semester hours of transferable credit with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above*.
- Be enrolling for the first time at the University of Northern Colorado.
- Provide transcripts of all previous collegiate work attempted.
- * A cumulative GPA will be calculated from all credit attempted at all institutions attended (including repeated classes) using University of Northern Colorado policies and procedures. Final eligibility will be pending the receipt of all transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Earn at least 24 credit hours per academic year (12 credit hour minimum per semester).
- Continuous enrollment in fall and spring semester of each year.
- Meet the eligibility requirements for your academic major.
- Enrollment in programs through the Office of Extended Studies will not meet on-campus enrollment requirements.
- Eligibility will continue until graduation or a maximum of four years for freshmen, a maximum of three years for sophomores, a maximum of two years for juniors, a maximum of one year for seniors and a maximum of three years for transfer students.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.