We're ready. Are you?

Transfer Students

We welcome your interest in transferring to UNC. Let us work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible.

You’re considered a transfer student if you have attended a post-secondary institution after graduating from high-school. You’re a strong candidate for admission as a transfer student if you have:

  • 30 or more transferable credits
  • 2.4 cumulative GPA from all schools attended

The Office of Admissions reviews applications on a rolling basis, which means you will receive an admission decision two to three weeks after submitting your application and all supporting documents. To graduate with a bachelor’s degree from UNC, which requires 120 semester credit hours, you must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours through UNC.


All transfer applicants are required to submit:


$45 application fee (nonrefundable, payable by credit card or debit card) or request a need-based fee waiver when submitting the application


Official college transcripts from all previous institutions attended


Official high school transcript with graduation date (or official GED results)

Proof of graduation or equivalent is required for federal financial aid

High school/GED credentials are considered in the admission decision for applicants with fewer than 30 college-level credits


ACT or SAT scores are required for students with fewer than 13 college-level credits

All documents and credentials must be official and sent one of the following ways:


Office of Admissions, Carter Hall 3006, Campus Box 10, Greeley, CO 80639


Your previous institutions may send official transcripts via Parchment or to UNC.transcripts@unco.edu


To get your answer early, submit your application early. Deadlines for priority consideration:

Fall Semester (August start)


Spring Semester (January start)


Summer Semester (May, June or July start)



UNC Transfer Guides

Use the following resources to assist you in planning to attend UNC in the future.

For a complete description of how UNC will accept transfer credits, visit our Registrar’s page.