UNC Student Ambassadors
The mission of the UNC Student Ambassador Program is to assist the Office of Admissions’ recruitment efforts for prospective students and their families by welcoming and serving all campus visitors and providing quality campus tours and effective student outreach.
2013-2014 Student Ambassador Team:
Are you a current UNC student? Do you have a desire and passion to promote UNC to potential students? Would you like to give campus tours? Well here’s your chance. YOU can become a UNC Student Ambassador!
As student employees of the UNC Office of Admissions, Student Ambassadors are often the first and primary point of contact for campus visitors when visiting UNC for a daily tour or recruitment event like Preview Day. As a Student Ambassador, your viewpoints, attitude and knowledge become a constant example of what UNC students are like to prospective students and their families. If they can connect with you, they’ll feel a connection to UNC—and hopefully choose to attend later down the road! You will work with a wide range of potential students both on and off campus while promoting UNC and talking about our various programs and resources. You’ll also get to learn all about the admissions and enrollment process to assist students as they navigate their way to UNC.
Our Student Ambassadors are an integral part of the Admissions Office team, and because of this, we require student employees with a high degree of integrity and responsibility, a positive attitude, and excellent communication and leadership skills.
UNC Student Ambassadors are hired once a year for the following academic your through the Student Leadership Staff Selection Process. Find out more and apply online here.
2013-2014 Student Ambassador Leadership Team
- Chris Bierdeman- Assistant Director of Admissions for Visitor Services and Events
- Christine Hannen- Student Ambassador Coordinator
- Alexis Perez- Event Coordinator
- Ruby Manoles- Training and Professional Development Coordinator
- Sydney Plummer- Assistant Student Outreach and Training Coordinator
- Maegan Bender and Elizabeth Manzione- Visit Assistant Team Leaders
- Jake Elvig- Assistant Student Ambassador and Events Coordinator
- Bryson Kelly- Social Media Manager