Accounting Services

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

General Questions:

Using e-Bill Questions:

Q: What is e-Bill?

A: E-Bill is UNC’s electronic billing (e-Billing) system that fully automates the process of providing electronic or online bills (e-Bills) that display the most recent charges and payments for students’ university-related expenses such as tuition, fees and housing and meal plan contracts. UNC’s e-Billing system will work in conjunction with Ursa, the gateway for secure online access to information and tools for University of Northern Colorado students, faculty and staff.

Back to Top

Q: Where will e-Bill notification e-mails be sent?

A: E-mail notifications about e-Bills will be sent to your BearMail address. They also will be sent to anyone you authorize to have access to your e-Bills.

Back to Top

Q: What if I don’t notice the e-mail notifying me that my e-Bill is ready or the e-mail somehow gets lost?

A: The e-Billing system notifies the Bursar’s Office after a certain time if a student’s e-Bill has not been accessed so that notification can be re-sent. Failure by a student or an authorized payer to check e-Bill availability will not constitute valid grounds for waiving late-payment penalties or registration, grade, diploma or transcript holds.

Back to Top

Q: What are the benefits of e-Bill?

A: The many benefits of e-Bill include:

  • It will save 49 40-foot-tall, 6-inch-diameter trees each year and the energy and water used to produce 49 trees worth of paper.
  • Parents or other authorized payers can receive e-mail notification when an e-Bill is available and view it prior to submitting payment.
  • It operates in conjunction with Ursa, so it’s secure and confidential.
  • It will be available seven days a week from any computer with an Internet connection and browser. (The system is unavailable 8:45 p.m.-4 a.m. nightly for system maintenance and records processing.)
  • There’ll be additional time to review and pay a bill prior to the due date because there are no delays from standard mail delivery.
  • Bills will be more up-to-date because of reduced lag time between production and delivery.
  • Online credit card and check payment (ACH) options make paying a bill easy and convenient.
  • You’ll still be able to mail or drop off a check or pay with a credit card over the phone.
  • Twelve months of billing and payment history will be available.
  • You can give your parents access to only the e-Billing system.

Back to Top

Q: Will the university charge for e-Bills or electronic payment?

A: There won’t be any charge to view or pay your e-Bill online.

Back to Top

Q: How will I view and/or print my e-Bill if I don’t have a computer?

A: Your options include:

  • Access a computer in any student computer lab on campus such as the Computer Commons in the University Center, which is open daily when a semester is in progress.
  • Access one of the public computers outside the Cashier’s office in Carter Hall.
  • Visit a public library or Internet café.
  • Ask a family member or friend who has a computer to access your bill.

Back to Top

Q: How will my parents or an authorized user obtain my e-Bill if they don’t have access to a computer at all?

A: If others normally pay your bill and they don’t have access to a computer, you’ll be able to print the bill and mail it to them or simply provide them with the balance due and the payment mailing address listed on the bill.

Back to Top

Q: Can I receive a paper bill?

A: In general, no. Exceptions will be made for students or other payers who have a documented disability that makes using e-Billing impractical. A completed e-Billing waiver request form must be submitted to and approved by the Bursar’s Office.

Back to Top

Q: How often will e-Bills be issued?

A: e-Bills will be supplied monthly for students who have a balance due on their account, but you can access your student account through Ursa at any time to view your current account balance and activity. 

Back to Top

Q: How will I access e-Bill?

A: You’ll access e-Bill by logging into Ursa using your PDID (Personal Digital Identity) information (assigned BearMail address and user-created password), clicking on the Financial tab and then on the e-Bill icon in the My Statement channel.

Back to Top

Q: How do I authorize someone else to view or pay my student bill?

A: Once you’re in e-Bill, click on the Authorized Users tab near the top of the screen. On the next screen, click on Add An Authorized User. On the next screen, enter the authorized user’s e-mail address, allow them access to view and pay your bills and/or view your payment history by clicking on the Yes button, and then click on the Add User button. Read the information on the next screen, enter the last four digits of your Bear Number where requested and click on Agree. Your authorized user’s e-mail address will serve as their login user name and is where they’ll receive messages about your bill. Their user name and a randomly assigned password will automatically be e-mailed to them.

Back to Top

Q: I’m an authorized user, but I’m not receiving e-mails about my student’s bill. What should I do?

A: The e-mail message about the UNC bill may have been misidentified as spam by your e-mail program or internet service provider and either filtered into a spam folder or blocked altogether . To ensure that future UNC e-Bill messages are delivered to your in-box and not mistaken for spam, add to your e-mail address book or list of contacts and to your e-mail provider’s safe senders or white list.

Back to Top

Q: How do I become an authorized user? I’m a parent or the person responsible for a student’s bill.

A: Your student is the only person who can add you as an authorized user. This in accordance with the Federal Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).

Back to Top

Q: Will e-Bill automatically time out if there’s no activity while I’m logged in?

A: Yes. To protect your financial information, e-Bill will automatically time out after 15 minutes of inactivity. If it times out, you will have to log in again.

Back to Top

Q: Since I won’t be getting bills in the regular mail, do I still need to keep my mailing address current?

A: Definitely! The university will still need to mail you important documents before and after you leave UNC that can’t be sent electronically such as refund checks, 1098 tax notifications, transcripts and your diploma. Current students will be able to update their mailing addresses electronically in Ursa.

Back to Top

Q: Whom will I contact if I have problems using e-Billing?

A: E-Bill will be supported by the university’s Technical Support Center, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Call 970-351-4357 or visit

Back to Top

Q: Whom will I contact if I have questions about my e-Bill?

A: Contact the Bursar’s Office at 970-351-2201 if you have questions about your bill.

Back to Top