You can request access to Ursa and the Banner databases/functions within it by going to www.unco.edu/aboutursa/resources.html and clicking on the security form that fits your request as a faculty member, student, or employee.
Follow the instructions on the top of the form to submit and make sure to fill out the brief job description because it helps us determine what access you need
To logon to Ursa you will need to go to https://ursa.unco.edu. Enter your network logon information (first name.last name) and password.
Production Banner (also known as Internet Native Banner or INB)
To get to Production Banner, click on the Employee Tab once you have logged on to Ursa, then click on the Production Banner(INB) link.
Some of the frequently used forms in Production Banner are:
- SPAIDEN - this is where you will view basic student information such as name, address, phone, and email.
- SGASTDN - this is where degree information is located. You can also find residency and student classification here.
- SHATERM - this is where you can look at GPA, total hours completed and first/last terms attended.
- SOAHOLD - this is where student holds can be viewed.
- SFASLST - this is where you can access class rosters.
- SFAREGQ - this is a quick glance at what a student is registered for.
- SGAADVR - this is where you can view who a student’s advisor is.
- SFASTCA - this is where you will look at a student’s registration history for the term.
- SHACRSE - this is where you can get a list of the courses that a student has taken at UNC.
- SHATRNS - this is where you can view transfer work that has been articulated, by institution.
- SFASRPO - this is where registration overrides can be done.
Self Service Banner
To get to Self Service Banner, click on the Employee tab once you have logged in to Ursa, then click on the Self Service Banner(SSB) link.
Whenever you use Ursa, don’t forget to log out. Ursa contains personal information such as grades, financial aid, e-mail addresses, etc. and if you don’t log out someone else might be able to access it.