Instructions for Faculty Dashboard
Online Adoption Process
Every faculty and staff member at the University of Northern Colorado has access to Ursa. Ursa is the secure entry point and personal portal for UNC students, faculty and administrative staff.
- Using a web browser, go to the Ursa site at https://ursa.unco.edu. If you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer you will need to follow the instructions on the screen in order to access Ursa.
- In the Secure Access Login field you will need to enter your User Name and Password.
Your Ursa username and password are the same as those used to access the campus computer network.
- Click on the Login button.
- Once you are in Ursa, your name is displayed under the top Ursa banner.
- There will be several tabs across the top of the screen.
- Home – announcements, web services and more
- Faculty – access to Banner Self-Service for course information, grading, advisee information, etc.
- My Tab – information on personalizing Ursa
- Click on the Faculty tab.
- Click on the edit function on the Faculty Dashboard channel.
- Select current From Term on the Faculty Dashboard channel. (Example: Spring 2012, etc.)
- Change the Number of Rows to a number between 1 and 9.
- Click Apply.
- Click Back.
Whenever you use Ursa, don’t forget to log out. Ursa contains personal information such as grades, financial aid, e-mail addresses, etc. and if you don’t log out someone else might be able to access it.