Creating a Class Roster in Excel
- Logon to the Insight Reporting Portal (insight.unco.edu)
- Select the “Insight Login” / “Production Login” option.
- Log in to Insight on the Managed Reporting sign-on page.
- Navigate to the Menu Bar in the Upper Right Corner (Logoff | Accessibility On | Tree | Recent | Favorites | Views | Personalize | Utilities | Help)
- Select the “Views” option.
- In the “Available Views” list, select “Academic.”
- In the Academic View, click the “Course” tab.
- Click the desired report, “CRS010 Rosters Selected by CRN." You will need to select the appropriate term and enter the desired CRN, and choose “Excel 2000” as the type of display output.
- The class roll will appear in an Excel spreadsheet with the following information: CRN, course prefix, number, section, instructor, the students’: BearNumber, names, level, major, phone numbers and e-mail address).
- From the spreadsheet you can copy and paste e-mail address(es) into an e-mail message for one student, several students or the whole class.
Whenever you use Ursa, donít forget to log out. Ursa contains personal information such as grades, financial aid, e-mail addresses, etc. and if you donít log out someone else might be able to access it.