Curriculum Advising and Program Planning
- Logon to Ursa at https://ursa.unco.edu using your network user name and password.
- When you’re in Ursa, your name will appear under the Ursa header.
- Click on the Employee or the Facultytab, as appropriate.
- Click on the Banner Self-Service folder.
- Click on the Faculty and Advisors folder.
- Click on the Student Information Menu folder.
- Click on Degree Evaluation.
- Use the Select a Term drop-down menu to select a term and click on Submit.
- Enter the student’s Bear Number in the Student or Advisee ID field or search for the student using the Student and Advisee Query field and clicking on Submit.
- On the next screen – the Student Verification screen – (not shown), verify that you have the correct student and click on Submit.
- Curriculum information is indicated on the Degree Evaluation screen. Select an option at the bottom of the page:
- Previous Evaluations
- Generate New Evaluation
- What-if Analysis
- Click on Generate New Evaluation to bring up the current program information.
- Mark the radio button next to the Program you want evaluated by clicking on it and then click on Generate Request.
- The Degree Evaluation Options screen provides three options:
- General Requirements – an overview of the courses that are being used in the requirements.
- Detail Requirements – a detailed compliance indicating which requirements have been met or not met.
- Additional Information – special information about requirements such as notes for clearance and courses not used.
- Click on Back to Display Options at the bottom of any evaluation report (not shown) to return to the Degree Evaluation Options screen
Whenever you use Ursa, don’t forget to log out. Ursa contains personal information such as grades, financial aid, e-mail addresses, etc. and if you don’t log out someone else might be able to access it.