Electronic Internal Order (EIO) Instructions
- Log on to Ursa, at https://ursa.unco.edu.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Employee tab.
- The EIO link is located under Employee Important links section. This channel allows you to Create a new EIO, view active EIO's, and view all EIO forms.
- To create a new EIO, click on the Create a New EIO link.
- A new window will open with the Electronic Internal Order Form. Here you will fill out the blank fields to begin the ordering process.
- Start by filing in the Ordering information and Supplying department e-mail. You must enter valid contact e-mails for your form to be routed back and forth between the supplying and ordering departments.
The supplying department will complete their information.
- Fill in the ordering department FOAP information you wish to use for this transaction. The Account box is a drop-down menu that lets you choose a valid account number for your purchase. The matching supplying account code will auto populate.
- Enter the quantity and unit cost for each item you are purchasing. Your total cost will be calculated at the bottom of the EIO form. If you need to order multiple items from the department, select Add Row.
- Complete the description field with the product name or number the supplying department requires.
- Once you have filled in all the above information, click on the Save Changes button.
- Your EIO form will refresh and assign a number. If any information is missing or not valid you will receive an error message. Warnings of missing Supplying department information is OK.
- You can now attach any back-up documentation by pushing the "Document" button. (i.e. Official Function)
- You can now push the Route to Supplying link. This will send the EIO to the supplying contact e-mail. The status will change from "blank" to "waiting on supplying". Supplying will now begin the order and fill in their information. By pushing this link you are committing to this purchase and may be charged a restocking fee for special orders.
- The EIO form can be routed between supplying and ordering departments until both parties agree that the form is ready to be submitted by pushing the Route buttons.
- You must push the Pre-authorize button when ordering from Bear Logic or Warehouse for purchases over $2000.00 dollars.
Note: You must be an authorized person on the ordering approval queue in order to Pre-authorize. This may require another person logging into Ursa and pushing this button.
- Note that all changes made to the EIO form are logged at the bottom of the page
- Once all information has been filled in correctly by both parties, the Submit to Banner link will appear at the bottom of the EIO form. Once you have submitted the form to Banner, the EIO goes through the approval queue
process and both ordering and supplying departments must approve before the transaction will post.
Note: You cannot change the EIO once it is submitted to Banner without disapproving and contacting your Fund Accountant.
- You are able to review active EIO's and all EIO's at any time using the options in your EIO Channel under your Banner Tab. The reviewing screens will look like the following figure. You may also use the navigation bar at the top of your screen seen here. You can sort the EIO's by clicking on the column headers.
- You can search or filter EIO's by selecting the Advanced Search button by either date ranges, departments, FOAPAL code, or text.
- You may want to run the Insight Report, FIN050 "EIO's by status," to see if they have been approved.
Whenever you use Ursa, don’t forget to log out. Ursa contains personal information such as grades, financial aid, e-mail addresses, etc. and if you don’t log out someone else might be able to access it.