College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA)
The Tutoring Center is certified through the CRLA, a national tutor certification organization. Through its affiliation with CRLA, the TC enjoys the program prestige that goes with national certification.
CRLA endorsement guarantees consistency and accountability in following best practices related to the hiring and training of peer tutors. The TC offers peer tutors and SI leaders on-going training and tutor certification at three levels: Regular Level 1, Advanced Level 2, and Master Level 3.
All UNC peer tutors and SI leaders meet the following requirements established by CRLA:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have completed a minimum of 30 college credit hours
- Have earned an “A” or “B” in each class they tutor
- Have a letter of recommendation from a professor for each subject they tutor
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Complete all CRLA tutor training sessions during the semester
For more information about CRLA, please visit their website at: http://www.crla.net/