Events & Meetings
Outdoor Events and UC Patios
Host your outdoor event at the University Center to take advantage of the beautiful Colorado scenery and weather.
Locations for outdoor events at the UC include:
- The West Patio
- The Columbine Room A patio
- The Spruce Suites Balcony
- The Panorama Balcony
- The North Lawn
Outdoor events may occur from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Only events, programs, and activities officially scheduled through the Scheduling and Events Office will be permitted on UC patios, balconies, and lawns.
The patios are available for functions with the following conditions:
- General scheduling procedures within the facility will apply to scheduling patio functions.
- The driving of trucks and cars up to the patios will be prohibited except by arrangement with UC building management.
- Limited equipment is available for outdoor use. Excessive requirements such as staging may entail a charge for supplemental labor.
A noise permit is required for any event involving amplified sound. Noise permits may be downloaded here [Noise Permit] or obtained from the Scheduling and Events Office or the University Police Department. Upon approval of a noise permit, a copy must be provided to the Scheduling and Events Office prior to the beginning of the event.
Music or bands will be restricted to the following hours:
- 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.-- Sunday through Thursday
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. -- Friday and Saturday
The user may be required to provide security during the event.
Any alcoholic beverage distribution must be approved through the Scheduling and Events Office following the policies and procedures.