Summer Financial Aid
SUMMER AID INFORMATION
Processing will begin April, 20, 2015.
- Complete the 2014/15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have already done this, you do not need to do another one. If UNC was not listed as a school, please add UNC, the school code is 001349. The deadline for the 2014/15 FAFSA is June 30th, 2015.
- Enroll in classes. See Enrollment Requirements below for minimum credits needed. We will identify any student who has enrolled, has a FAFSA and remaining eligibility. Awards will be based on these conditions.
- The deadline for summer awarding is July 30, 2015.
- In most cases, summer aid will consist of the Federal Pell Grant (undergraduate only) and Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized, Unsubsidized, PLUS and GPLUS). Please see the Loan Section for more information on these programs.
- If you enrolled in any previous terms and received aid, it is possible that you have exhausted your annual limits for financial aid and federal aid may not be available. Private alternative loans may still be available.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in a minimum of 1 credit (Federal Pell) and 6 credits (Federal Loans).
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 5 credits.
- Courses must be applicable to your degree program to count as eligible credits for aid purposes.
- Be admitted to a degree seeking program.
- Complete all needed requirements, institutional and those needed for the FAFSA (see Ursa).
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- New Stafford loans accepted for summer will require completion of a Direct Loan Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling.
- New PLUS loans will require a credit check/application at www.studentloans.gov. Parents already with a loan may require a new credit check depending on the length of time since the last credit check.
- New Graduate PLUS loans will require a credit check/application at www.studentloans.gov.
- Summer aid will disburse no earlier than 3 days before the first summer term you attend.
- Receipt of financial aid may not coincide with your billing due date.
Note: Students who enroll but fail to attend class will have their aid canceled or adjusted to reflect engagement and will need to repay funds received.
If you have any questions about summer financial aid please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (970) 351-2502 or by visiting us is Carter Hall 1005.