- 1978 J.D. Cleveland Marshall College of Law
- 1974 B.A. Baldwin-Wallace College
- 2006-Present Professor, University of Northern Colorado
- 2001-2006 Associate Professor, University of Northern Colorado
- 1997-2001 Assistant Professor, University of Northern Colorado
- 1988-1995 Assistant Professor, Indiana University
- Sport law
- Issues and Ethics in Sport Administration
- Sport and Higher Education
My research focuses on the legal aspects of sport, particularly with an emphasis on legal issues pertinent to educational institutions. Sport administrators need to be knowledgeable about tort, contract and constitutional law principles. My work focuses on these areas of the law as they pertain to college sport.
Sharp, L..A., Moorman, A.M., & Claussen, C.L. (2007). Sport Law: A Managerial Approach. Holcomb Hathaway Publishers. www.hh-pub.com
Southall, R.M., & Sharp, L. A. (2006, Winter). The National Football League and Its “Culture of Intoxication”: A Negligent Marketing Analysis of Verni v. Lanzaro, 16, 121-147.
Sharp, L. (2003) Contract Essentials. Chapter in Law for Recreation and Sport Managers (3rd ed.), Kendall/Hunt.
Sharp, L. (2003) Trademark Dilution: Beanie Babies Battles. Sport Marketing Quarterly, Vol. 12, Number 1, 60-61.
Sharp, L. & Kumin, L. (1997). Managing Liability: Camps on Campus. United Educators Insurance Risk Retention Group, Inc.
Sharp, L. (2000) Contract Law. Chapter in The Management of Sport: Its Foundation and Application (3rd ed.), Mosby.
Sharp, L. (1990). Sport Law. Monograph published by the National Organization on Legal Problems of Education.