Journal papers/Conference proceedings
- Mehrgan Mostowfi and Khalil Shafie, "An Analytical Model for the Power Consumption of Dual-Mode EEE," submitted to IET Electronics Letters in November 2015, under review.
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Packet Coalescing for Dual-Mode Energy Efficient Ethernet: A Simulation Study," Proceedings of the Eighth EAI International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTools '15), Athens, Greece, August 2015. [ACM DL]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, "A Simulation Study of Energy Efficient Ethernet with Two Modes of Low-Power Operation," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 19, No. 10, July 2015. [IEEE Xplore]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Major Dynamic Power Management Methods in Wired Networks: A New Taxonomy," Proceedings of the IEEE SoutheastCon 2015, Fort Lauderdale, FL, April 2015. [IEEE Xplore]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, Ken Christensen, SangHak Lee, and Jungmee Yun, "SME Web Energy Efficient Platform (SWEEP): A New Architecture for a Hybrid Web Server," Journal of Sustainable Computing - Informatics and Systems, Vol. 3, No. 4, December 2013, pp. 249-261.
- Allen Roginsky, Ken Christensen, and Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Extending Idle Periods: An Analysis of On-Off Scheduling," Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 2123-2136, November 2013. [paper]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, Ken Christensen, SangHak Lee, and Jungmee Yun, "Timed Redirection: HTTP Request Coalescing to Reduce Energy Use of Hybrid Web Servers," Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Clearwater, FL, October 2012. [paper] [poster] [IEEE Xplore]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi and Ken Christensen, "An Energy-Delay Model for a Packet Coalescer," Proceedings of the IEEE SoutheastCon 2012, March 2012. [paper] [talk] [IEEE Xplore]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi and Ken Christensen, "Saving Energy in LAN Switches: New Methods of Packet Coalescing for Energy Efficient Ethernet," Proceedings of the International Green Computing Conference (IGCC'11), Orlando, FL, July 2011. [paper] [talk] [IEEE Xplore]
- Ken Christensen, Pedro Reviriego, Bruce Nordman, Michael Bennett, Mehrgan Mostowfi, and Juan Antonio Maestro, "IEEE 802.3az: The Road to Energy Efficient Ethernet," IEEE Communications, Vol. 48, No. 11, pp. 50-56, November 2010.[paper] [IEEE Xplore]
- Anna Ursyn and Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Visualization by Coding: Drawing Simple Shapes and Forms in Various Programming Languages," Chapter in "Maximizing Cognitive Learning Through Knowledge Visualization", Edited by Anna Ursyn, released in February 2015. [igi-global]
- (Research Grant) "MRI: Acquisition of a High Performance Computing Cluster for Multidisciplinary Research and Education at the University of Northern Colorado" National Science Foundation Major Research Instrument Award No. ACI-1429003, September 1, 2014 to August 31, 2017, Amount: $199,926 ($139,948 from NSF and $59,978 in matching from UNCO), co-PIs: Seth Frietze, David Lerach, David Hydock, and Wendilyn Flynn. [NSF]
- Fellowship in the UNC Sponsored Research Fellowship Program (SRFP), 2016 to 2018, Amount: $12,000 in the form of a course release, summer support and travel funding.
- (Research Grant) "A Testbed for Evaluating Energy-Efficient Internet Protocols: Performance Evaluation of HTTP Timed Redirection," UNCO Internal RDFD Award No. QR043, 2014 to 2016, Amount: $9,800. (sole PI)
- (Teaching Grant) "Developing and Delivering an Interdisciplinary Course: Problem Solving with Supercomputers," UNCO Internal Program for Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional Course Creation (PI2C2), Fall 2015 to Fall 2016, Amount: $10,000 in the form of two course releases. (Sole PI)
- (Service Grant) "Travel Support for Participation in the ABET Fundamentals of Assessment Workshop," UNCO Internal Assessment Mini-Grant, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015, Amount: $3,000. (Other PI: Charmayne Cullom)
- Ingo Mclean, Mehrgan Mostowfi, and Ken Christensen, "Systems And Methods For Automatically Selecting A Communication Channel," U.S. Patent 9,106,559 filed to the US Patents and Trademark Office on January 16, 2013, granted on August 11, 2015. [USPTO]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Packet Coalescing and Server Substitution for Energy-Proportional Operation of Network Links and Data Servers," Doctoral Dissertation, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Florida, May 2013.
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Improving the Energy Efficiency of IEEE 802.3az EEE and Periodically Paused Switched Ethernet," Master's Thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Florida, July 2010.