The Stryker Institute for Leadership and Development
From Our Students
Making A Difference Today; Transforming The World Tomorrow
The mission of the Stryker Institute for Leadership Development is to cultivate the leadership capability and educational attainment of a diverse group of University of Northern Colorado women. The Stryker Institute provides scholarship support and leadership training for nontraditional age women from underrepresented groups who have a demonstrated financial need. Stryker Student Leaders participate in a sustained program of personal and financial support that includes leadership seminars, opportunities to exercise their emerging leadership skills and a renewable scholarship.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA from high school, University of Northern Colorado or other college or university.
- Must demonstrate financial need through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 priority date.
- Must submit University of Northern Colorado Universal Scholarship application by the March 1 deadline.
- Receive an invitation to apply from the Stryker Institute in April.
- Scholarships for undergraduates are renewable, $5,000 per year, and include a personal laptop computer with software.
- Our graduate student scholarships are renewable, $7,000 per year.
- Participation in leadership program is required.
- Bi-Monthly Leadership seminars
- Motivational speakers
- Mentoring opportunities
The Stryker Institute for Leadership Development was created in 2001 through a generous gift of the Ronda E. Stryker and William D. Johnston Foundation. Ronda Stryker is an alumna of the University of Northern Colorado.
For more information, visit the Stryker Site or call (970) 351-1492.