MCNAIR SCHOLARS PROGRAM
From Our Students
Linking Academic Excellence and Social Diversity to Transform Dreams into Successful Futures
Have you ever dreamed about attaining a graduate degree? The McNair Scholars Program provides undergraduate research opportunities designed to prepare eligible juniors and seniors for graduate school. As a member of the federal TRIO family of programs, the McNair Scholars Program is dedicated to increasing access to doctoral education among currently underrepresented groups. Almost three-quarters of graduating University of Northern Colorado McNair Scholars have been accepted into graduate school since 2000.
- Juniors and seniors with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- First-generation, low-income students and/or members of underrepresented populations.
- Committed to completing a doctoral degree.
- Two semester research seminar (two credits each semester).
- Six week funded summer research internship (stipend plus room and board).
- Funded travel to regional and national conferences.
- Faculty research mentors from your discipline.
- Publication in the University of Northern Colorado McNair Research Journal.
- Graduate admissions preparation workshops.
The program is fully funded under a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.