Welcome to UNC Dining Services where "We Feed The Bears!"
Summer is almost over...
For those students staying here and taking summer classes, we have meal plan options for you! We have several locations closed for the summer, so take a look at the links below for more details.
- Summer menus & meal schedule
- Summer hours of operation
- Summer meal plan options
- Summer students, purchase your meal plan here!
Fall Special Events & Deadlines
We're very excited that Fall is almost here!! Dining Services has special events and monotony breakers happening throughout the entire year. Here are a few events happening in August and September:
- Thursday, 8/21: Meal plans will be active for dinner at Holmes and Tobey-Kendel. (Dining Dollars will be active starting Thursday morning.)
- Friday, 8/22: Taste of UNC & Bear Fest = The dining rooms will be closed for dinner... join us for Taste of UNC on West Campus near Holmes Hall for a "street fair" type of dinner instead!
- Location: Turner Green (lawn area between Turner and Lawrenson Halls on West Campus, just north of Holmes)
- Time: 5:00pm - 7:00pm (All dining rooms are closed at dinner... please join us at Taste of UNC!)
- Students use their meal plans during this event... and guests are welcome to join us at the special cash price of $6.00 (tax included).
- Monday, 8/25: normal Fall hours of operations resume at all locations
- Monday, 9/1: Labor Day = Dining Services will have special hours in the dining rooms and Retail Dining locations for the Labor Day Weekend. Please note these adjustments:
- Holmes Dining Hall & Tobey-Kendel Dining Room will be open for Brunch and Dinner on Monday, 9/2 (instead of breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- CLOSED: Gourmet To Go, the UC Food Court, Bears Bistro, all Retail Dining locations, and the Dining Services Main Office will be closed on Monday, 9/1.
- Normal hours of operation resume Tuesday, 9/2 for all Dining Services locations.
- Monday, 9/8: Drop Deadline = Students, you have until 5pm to make changes to your meal plan!
Meal Plan Options - Fall 2014 / Spring 2015
Dining Services offers a meal plan to fit any student's needs. Students living on campus choose their meal plan when they sign up for housing... it's so easy! Live off campus? We can recommend a Bear Plan just for you. Dining Dollars are great to have no matter where you live! Leave the shopping, cooking, and cleaning to us...
On Campus Meal Plans
All students living in a residence hall are required to carry an On Campus Meal Plan throughout the academic year. Freshmen living on-campus can choose from 4 different meal plans... so choose the one that best fits your lifestyle. Check out Students Living On Campus to see which meal plan you want to choose or CLICK HERE to see the On Campus Meal Plan options.
- HOW DO I SIGN UP? Students living in the residence halls will choose their meal plan when they choose their housing assignment. If students want to make changes between now and August 1st, they just need to log back in to their online housing contract and make their adjustment.
- CAN I MAKE CHANGES? Students can make changes to their meal plan by using the online meal contract (you must be a registered student to use the online contract). The deadline to make changes to your meal plan for Fall 2014 is 5pm on Monday, September 8th.
Off Campus Bear Plans
Do you live off-campus or in the Lawrenson Apartments, the Arlington Park Apartments, the University Apartments, or in the UNC owned houses? You are eligible to carry any meal plan you want. We recommend Bear Plans for our off campus students because you can purchase meals in small packages... add on meals as often as you want! Purchase Bear Plans with the online meal contract NOW (you must be a registered student to use the online contract). CLICK HERE to see the off campus meal plan options. Bear Plan prices did not increase from last year... they stayed the same!
Don't forget to add Dining Dollars to your UNC Card. They're so convenient to have... and you don't get charged tax for your food/beverage purchases. Purchase additional Dining Dollars with the online meal contract NOW (you must be a registered student to use the online contract).
Nutrition Labels Online
A healthy lifestyle is the key to looking good, feeling great, and being the best you can be at work and at play. A healthy eating plan helps you get the most out of life. We will have a brand new option our customers to be able to see the nutritional value of our recipes... very soon!! Until then, we have a different way for you to see a lot of our nutritional labels. We also have a Registered Dietitian on staff, so let us know if you’d like to schedule and appointment with him! *NEW* Nutrition Labels: see labels for The DASH and other stations
We Feed The Bears!
Dining Services has a creative and passionate staff who love to try new ways to cook and serve you better, so our menus change a little bit each semester. We also listen to you... you asked us to extend Dinner hours at Tobey-Kendel - and we did!! Want to know when Munchy Mart or the Coffee Corners are open? Hungry and don't know which dining room to eat at? We can help! Have More Questions? Email email@example.com
Like Us On Facebook
UNC Dining Services has a Facebook page, so please like us! We will be posting information about yummy menu items, upcoming events and special dinners, special hours for Thanksgiving Break, etc. We might even ask for your help... and you could win prizes! Retail Dining has a Facebook page, and UNC Catering does too! You should like all 3 pages!
Can't find what you're looking for? Have more questions? No problem... contact Dining Services at (970) 351-2652, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Tobey-Kendel Hall (room 120) and ask us in person!