Information for Incoming NSE Students

About I Locations I Eligibility I Application Process & Timline I Costs I FAQs

Outgoing Students I Incoming Students

Welcome! We are so glad you have chosen to spend your NSE exchange semester or year at the foothills of the majestic Rocky Mountains in Greeley, Colorado. We hope that you will find your exchange to UNC and Colorado, to be a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Colorado has a culture centered around year-round outdoor activity, pride for the locally-brewed beer, and general casual and friendly lifestyle. With so much diverse landscape, you will never grow bored with what Colorado has to offer. So, it is with open arms that we welcome you to Colorado and UNC!

Note: In order to exchange to UNC through NSE, you must be nominated by your home campus and be accepted for placement through the NSE process.


In order to enroll at UNC as an NSE exchange student, you must complete four major steps:

1) NSE Placement Acceptance Form

NSE and UNC use the NSE Placement Acceptance Form (PAF) as your official acceptance form for exchange. Your PAF will be distributed by your home campus NSE coordinator. Please be sure that the form is 100% correct as UNC also uses this form to begin the admission process. Once you have completed your PAF, please send a hardcopy to:

National Student Exchange
University of Northern Colorado
University Center 2205
Campus Box 52
Greeley, CO 80639

You cannot register for classes, housing, or other campus services until UNC has received these forms and you have been admitted. Housing and courses fill up fast, so please submit it ASAP after placement. PLEASE remember that you were accepted with the full understanding that upper-level courses in Art, Music, Nursing, Sports and Exercise Science, and Theatre are very difficult to access.

2) UNC's NSE Application

In order to take classes at UNC, you must be enrolled. NSE has a simplified version of the full admissions application. This will be distributed by the UNC NSE coordinator after we receive your PAF.

3) Official Transcripts from your Home University

UNC requires that you send a current copy of your official transcript to us that lists your currently enrolled classes as well.

4) Proof of Immunization Compliance

For the health and safety of the entire UNC community, UNC requires all students to be in compliance with immunization requirements. The UNC Proof of Immunization Compliance will be distributed by the UNC NSE coordinator and be returned to him/her with all application documents.


Additional Information

UNC's NSE coordinator will be in contact with you throughout the time before your exchange. It is important to check your email regularly as certain deadlines and information are time sensitive.

Throughout this process, the NSE coordinator will explain various UNC-specific instructions, like registering for housing, courses, meal plans, etc. As always, please don't hesitate to contact the UNC Coordinator if you have any questions.

We will hold an orientation for you to get acquainted with the UNC and the Greeley community upon arrival. The dates for various events will be communicated with you through e-mail.



For more information:

Browse additional information about member schools.